Now that we’re getting settled in, I have a ton of bare walls! I also got rid of a lot of decorations that weren’t doing it for me anymore, so that helps too. 😛 So instead of a regular post, let’s do a DIY round up! Here are some DIY projects that I really want to do soon-ish.
1. Glittered states from The Effortless Chic — I want one for WV and one for GA. For WV, I’ll do the state in gold and the paper in dark blue. For GA, I haven’t decided. The Atlanta Falcons are red and black, but I may just do another gold with a red background (for the sake of not buying a ton of glitter that won’t get used…we’ll see). If you need to find a state to cut out, this website has them all! (And the cut outs themselves could even be used in place of the glitter states, in case I decide not to do that.)
2. Bottle Cap Tray from Sweet Something Design — I’ve been collecting bottle caps since last October so I could do this project! I love the bright colors and I think it will look adorable in my new kitchen. 😀
3. Wine Rack from Shanty 2 Chic — I have loved this wine rack for a couple years now. I finally have room for it and it would be gorgeous in my dining room.
4. Start Being Awesome wall art from House of Hepworths — How I Met Your Mother is one of my absolute favorite shows. I’ve seen the whole series (minus the final season) 8 times and counting. (I go into more detail about my love for the show here, so I’ll spare you for now. Warning: That post has major HIMYM series finale spoilers.) I’ve been wanting to do this for quite some time and I have the perfect spot for it. Though I think I’d like to do the whole quote, “Whenever I get sad, I stop being sad and start being awesome instead. True story.” With the “true story” in smaller letters. (Or possibly not there at all. But the “instead” will definitely be there.) I’m excited about this piece.
5. Home is Wherever I’m with You sign from The Wood Grain Cottage — I love this song and I love this line, and I feel like it’s appropriate for our big move to an unfamiliar area. We’re away from all our friends and family, so our home has to be where together or we’ll be miserable. Again, I know exactly where I’ll put this (funnily, I know exactly where I’d put all of the projects I haven’t even started, but NO idea where to put any of the stuff that is currently sitting on my living room floor). Or if I feel really lazy (which is my default setting, so…), I could purchase and print this beautiful piece from August Park’s Etsy shop.
6. Hollow letter filled with corks — I’ve been searching everywhere for a hollow letter, but I can’t find one under $25…and I just don’t feel it’s worth that price. So I may have to come up with an alternative. But it’s adorable and I would very much like to make one! (The one pictured is from The Wine Enthusiast.)
7. I need to finish painting my dining room set. The table is done (pictures soon) and I am currently trying to find a color for the chairs, as well as a new fabric for the cushions.
8. I have some frames I need to spray paint. No problem.
9. I also have a shelf that needs an updo. Again, not a problem. Just waiting for some decent weather.
10. This isn’t really part of my decorating list, but I do have a knitted pouf I’m trying to make for a friend. She painted a picture for me to put in my bedroom in exchange for the pouf. Because real friendships run on the barter system. 😛
Notable Mention: This Coffee Mug Holder from Pennywise Cook is also something I’ve been eyeing for quite a while, but I never had a place to put it. Now I do, but I’m not allowed to drill holes into cabinetry (and I don’t want to, considering I actually have real wood cabinets). It will have to wait a while longer, I suppose!
I’m very excited to start these and hopefully you’ve found some inspiration here, as well. And now I don’t have to search through my Pinterest boards when I can’t remember what I need. 😛