Three ingredients, one amazing recipe! Sriracha meatballs are a quick and easy crock pot recipe. These are easy to make and a HUGE hit at parties.
Everyone in Appalachia (and possibly in other areas of the country, too) knows of one very basic meatball appetizer recipe. Say it with me now: 1 jar chili sauce, 1 jar grape jelly.
It sounds weird if you’ve never had it before, but it’s delicious. If you go to any party anywhere in the area, you can bet these will be served and you can bet that’s what in them. What’s weird is that anytime the chef catches me eating them, they pull me aside to explain their genius recipe to me. It’s a recipe that everyone knows, but no one knows that everyone else knows it. It’s a not-so-secret secret recipe, basically.
But it’s hard to complain when you’re chowing down on them. They come out so tender and flavorful. This appetizer is one of the things I look forward to most when attending parties.
So when we went to a friend’s Christmas party a couple years ago, I saw a crock pot filled with meatballs and just assumed this is what it was.
It kind of was. I mean, it was the same concept, but she mixed it up a little by using a jar of sriracha chili sauce. I’ve made these a few times now and they are one of my favorite party snacks.
Slow Cooker Sriracha Meatballs:
- 1 bottle sriracha chili sauce (I used half of a 17 oz bottle, but the size you use will depend on how hot you like it)
- 1 jar grape jelly (add a second jar if it comes out too hot)
- 2-3 dozen meatballs (try my homemade turkey meatballs)
Step 01: Toss the grape jelly, sriracha, and meatballs into a crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours or until meatballs are tender.
That’s it. I don’t know why I even bothered with this whole recipe layout. 😛
Warning: These are INCREDIBLY spicy! If you don’t like too much spice, either cut the sriracha in half or switch to regular chili sauce.
Is there an appetizer in your area that seems to follow you everywhere you go? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
This post was featured at the Retro Re-pin Party.
- 1 bottle sriracha chili sauce
- 1 jar grape jelly
- 2-3 dozen meatballs
- Toss everything into the crock pot, turn the heat on low, and cook for 4 hours.
- These are INCREDIBLY spicy! If you don’t like too much spice, either cut the sriracha in half or add another jar of grape jelly.