You may remember that when I bought Arkham Horror, we had an issue with all the little pieces that came with it. For a few months, we had each piece stuffed separately into plastic baggies, but that just wasn’t working for us. We tried to find some fishing bait containers, but we couldn’t find any that we both big enough to hold all the stuff, yet small enough to fit into the game box.
And then a couple months ago, Zach came home from a conference in D.C. with a ton of free stuff…including a couple containers for western blots (it’s a science experiment that I don’t fully understand). The containers sat in my living room for about a week before I decided to steal them and use them for my own purposes.
They were the perfect size for Arkham!
Some pieces, I was able to just put into the container.
(Shown: monsters and dice.)
For other, smaller pieces (like money and stamina), I had to make sections. I did that using scrap paper.
Basically, fold, cut off the excess, and tape. Then hot glue them into the tray.
Naturally, the day I did this, Zach came home and said he wanted to use the trays for his lab work. But when I showed him the new system, he liked it so much that he let me keep them. 😛